Home:  Military Comms: WWII WIRELESS SET No.17 Mk1

WWII WIRELESS SET No.17 Mk1

View all Military Comms

WWII WIRELESS SET No.17 Mk1

A small portable ground station for communication between searchlight section headquarters and anti-aircraft batteries. It replaced signal lamps. It was designed by Stanley Lewer in 1939 for Searchlight Territorial units during the war.

This unit is original apart from the repainted front panel which was badly corroded, but the colour is the same. Serial No. 4617 one of the first series.

Add a memory or information about this object

A0894



2007 The Museum of Technology, The Great War and WWII
Company registered in England No. 7452160, Registered Charity No. 1140352, Accredited Museum No. 2221