Home:  Scientific: PITH BALL ELECTROSCOPE, 1950's

PITH BALL ELECTROSCOPE, 1950's

View all Scientific

PITH BALL ELECTROSCOPE, 1950's

Pith ball for demonstrating Electrostatic energy, when the rod is rubbed with silk it generates a static charge which attracts the ball when placed in its proximity. Invented by British weaver's apprentice John Canton in 1754. This model was used by schools from the 1950's, and made by Philip Harris Ltd.

Add a memory or information about this object

A1528



2007 The Museum of Technology, The Great War and WWII
Company registered in England No. 7452160, Registered Charity No. 1140352, Accredited Museum No. 2221